Today I have been invited to serve on a social media panel discussion at the Blandy 2012 Lectures.
If you are on Twitter you can follow the discussion by creating a column with the hashtag #blandy2012. I will also be using the larger church and social media group hashtag #chsocm.
Questions can be sent via the #Blandy2012 hashtag. People are already signing on from around the world.
I am also posting my portion of the conversation on Facebook and followers can join in an off stream conversation there.
I will be taping the conversation and posting it via my podcast site this week. You can find my sermons and follow the weekly posts here: http://www.adoyle.libsyn.com
Rt. Rev. C. Andrew Doyle, D.D.
IX Bishop of Texas
Sent while out of office.
- "Christianity is not a theory or speculation, but a life; not a philosophy of life, but a life and a living process." Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- "Most people are willing to take the Sermon on the Mount as a flag to sail under, but few will use it as a rudder by which to steer." Oliver Wendell Holmes
- "Perfection, in a Christian sense, means becoming mature enough to give ourselves to others." Kathleen Norris
- "Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can." John Wesley
- "The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found difficult and left untried." G. K. Chesterton
- "One of our great allies at present is the Church itself. Do not misunderstand me. I do not mean the Church as we see her spread out through all time and space and rooted in eternity, terrible as an army with banners. That, I confess, is a spectacle which makes our boldest tempters uneasy. But fortunately it is quite invisible to these humans." C. S. Lewis
- "When we say, 'I love Jesus, but I hate the Church,' we end up losing not only the Church but Jesus too. The challenge is to forgive the Church. This challenge is especially great because the church seldom asks us for forgiveness." Henri Nouwen, Bread for the Journey
- "Christians are hard to tolerate; I don't know how Jesus does it." Bono
- "It's too easy to get caught in our little church subcultures, and the result is that the only younger people we might know are Christians who are already inside the church." Dan Kimball