Friday, November 6, 2009
Prayers for Neighbors in Killeen and at Fort Hood
Janet Gilmore commented on your status: "my prayers are with the survivors, those that will pray with them, and those who have lost men and women who have served in the military and how this will resurrect old grief. may God's healing and abundant presence give moments of peace to bodies, minds and spirits."
Kendall Wallin commented on your status: "Prayers for all victims, family, friends, and surrounding communities. Was hoping to see any expression of compassion from official Episcopal Church FB page by now, though. Maybe, Bishop Andy, you could pass that on."
James Tengatenga commented on your status:
"Amen and amen to all the prayers and support for all at Ft Hood. I add my prayers to all of you who have to minister to them."
Martha Frances commented on your status:
"Been praying for them ever since I heard the first news report."
Ann Marie Holliday commented on your status:
"I am a former member of St. Christopher's and send my prayers to Father Paul and his congregation as well as the many friends I have in Killeen and at Ft. Hood. Please let them know we love them!"
Jerry Lyle commented on your status:
"With Veteran's Day coming shortly, this tragedy will have a new meaning."
Jane posted something on your Wall and wrote:
"To our friends at St. Christopher's - you can not imagine how many people are sending love and prayers your way. May you feel the spirit as you minister to those in need and work through this horrific experience. Jane Mumey (St. Francis, Houston)"
Nancy Denmark commented on your status:
"loving and praying them through it"
Good Shepherd commented on your status:
"We're sending our prayers and love from Good Shepherd, Friendswood."
Jeff posted something on your Wall and wrote:
"Rich & Paul - amazing that we were together at Clericus in Cop Cove, just a few miles away from Ft. Hood, while the tragedy was unfolding. Peace & prayers. Jeff"
Fr. Reid: Give rest, O Christ, to your servants with your saints,
where sorrow and pain are no more,
neither sighing, but life everlasting.
Tamara Clothier commented on your status:
Add to the prayers by adding a comment:
- "Christianity is not a theory or speculation, but a life; not a philosophy of life, but a life and a living process." Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- "Most people are willing to take the Sermon on the Mount as a flag to sail under, but few will use it as a rudder by which to steer." Oliver Wendell Holmes
- "Perfection, in a Christian sense, means becoming mature enough to give ourselves to others." Kathleen Norris
- "Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can." John Wesley
- "The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found difficult and left untried." G. K. Chesterton
- "One of our great allies at present is the Church itself. Do not misunderstand me. I do not mean the Church as we see her spread out through all time and space and rooted in eternity, terrible as an army with banners. That, I confess, is a spectacle which makes our boldest tempters uneasy. But fortunately it is quite invisible to these humans." C. S. Lewis
- "When we say, 'I love Jesus, but I hate the Church,' we end up losing not only the Church but Jesus too. The challenge is to forgive the Church. This challenge is especially great because the church seldom asks us for forgiveness." Henri Nouwen, Bread for the Journey
- "Christians are hard to tolerate; I don't know how Jesus does it." Bono
- "It's too easy to get caught in our little church subcultures, and the result is that the only younger people we might know are Christians who are already inside the church." Dan Kimball