We began and ended the day with Committee Meetings. Tuesday morning the process of legislation lurched forward as the different committees began to channel work into the different houses.
Our deputies are all here and accounted for. We enjoyed a nice gathering last night in our room. If you are here in Anaheim from the Diocese of Texas please join us at 6 in the Oasis Tower of the Marriot, room 1748.
There was good discussion last night and people shared their different experiences in committees.
We are joined in Anaheim by ECW and Daughters of the King representatives, youth and young adult representatives. I am so very proud of our representation here!
The newcomers to convention have eyes wide open and are taking it all in...
Today we begin with a brief legislative session, followed by an opening Eucharist. JoAnne and the girls will join me for worship.
I understand that we will end the day with the Archbishop of Canterbury visiting with the House of Bishops, then JoAnne and I and the kids will join our class of bishops for dinner.
Keep us in your prayers as we begin our work today.
- "Christianity is not a theory or speculation, but a life; not a philosophy of life, but a life and a living process." Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- "Most people are willing to take the Sermon on the Mount as a flag to sail under, but few will use it as a rudder by which to steer." Oliver Wendell Holmes
- "Perfection, in a Christian sense, means becoming mature enough to give ourselves to others." Kathleen Norris
- "Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can." John Wesley
- "The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found difficult and left untried." G. K. Chesterton
- "One of our great allies at present is the Church itself. Do not misunderstand me. I do not mean the Church as we see her spread out through all time and space and rooted in eternity, terrible as an army with banners. That, I confess, is a spectacle which makes our boldest tempters uneasy. But fortunately it is quite invisible to these humans." C. S. Lewis
- "When we say, 'I love Jesus, but I hate the Church,' we end up losing not only the Church but Jesus too. The challenge is to forgive the Church. This challenge is especially great because the church seldom asks us for forgiveness." Henri Nouwen, Bread for the Journey
- "Christians are hard to tolerate; I don't know how Jesus does it." Bono
- "It's too easy to get caught in our little church subcultures, and the result is that the only younger people we might know are Christians who are already inside the church." Dan Kimball