I invite you to come and see what shape this conversation takes as, together, we decide how the Episcopal Church in the Diocese of Texas will move into the future. I want to hear from you: what are you excited about? Where do you want our diocese to go? What are you yearning for from your next bishop?
This is a moderated blog, and only comments pertaining to the questions above will be posted and only if the writer includes their name.
I believe that the most important thing we can do is to be faithful in asking the questions about what God intends for the future of our church, and to be prayerful in this time of discernment.
I will begin posting Sunday, March 3, 2007.
- ► 2015 (65)
- ► 2014 (67)
- ► 2013 (58)
- ► 2012 (50)
- ► 2011 (50)
- ► 2010 (25)
- ► 2009 (47)
- "Christianity is not a theory or speculation, but a life; not a philosophy of life, but a life and a living process." Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- "Most people are willing to take the Sermon on the Mount as a flag to sail under, but few will use it as a rudder by which to steer." Oliver Wendell Holmes
- "Perfection, in a Christian sense, means becoming mature enough to give ourselves to others." Kathleen Norris
- "Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can." John Wesley
- "The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found difficult and left untried." G. K. Chesterton
- "One of our great allies at present is the Church itself. Do not misunderstand me. I do not mean the Church as we see her spread out through all time and space and rooted in eternity, terrible as an army with banners. That, I confess, is a spectacle which makes our boldest tempters uneasy. But fortunately it is quite invisible to these humans." C. S. Lewis
- "When we say, 'I love Jesus, but I hate the Church,' we end up losing not only the Church but Jesus too. The challenge is to forgive the Church. This challenge is especially great because the church seldom asks us for forgiveness." Henri Nouwen, Bread for the Journey
- "Christians are hard to tolerate; I don't know how Jesus does it." Bono
- "It's too easy to get caught in our little church subcultures, and the result is that the only younger people we might know are Christians who are already inside the church." Dan Kimball